1. Last weekend was my annual shopping trip to San Francisco. San Francisco is about 3 hours from where I live and it is so fun during the Christmas season. Here is the tree in Union Square.
2. One the way down to San Francisco, my friend and I stopped in Berkeley to shop out a few outlets. We had to try out our local brewery's newly opened tasting room in Berkeley, The Torpedo Room. It was a nice break in our drive.
3. This last week in class was Santa's workshop. We created, wrapped, sang songs and just had a fun time. I didn't take pictures of much, but did manage one from our pasta frames we made. We make these every year. They glue dry pasta onto a tongue depressor frame, then I spray paint them gold. The kids think they look so fancy!
4. In class yesterday, we made gingerbread winter scenes. I get tired of the poor gingerbread houses falling apart, so a kid's creation crashing to the ground as they try to carry it. So we made a winter scene and the kids loved it.
5. Our staff Christmas party was yesterday. You would think that it would be something mellow, likes food and drinks at someone's house or restaurant. Nope. Game on, our first Holiday Amazing Race was happening in our town. We were broken up into teams, I was on Team Grinch. There were many others, Team Snowflake, Tam Naughty or Nice, Team Rudolph, Team Elf, and more. Each team piled into a car, with an Ipad and drove around town taking various pictures and video. Each activity was worth points, so we had to strategize and plan. We are a competitive staff.
One thing I forgot to mention was that we had to dress to represent our team. Our principal was on our team, so she rented a Grinch costume for the day. The rest of us were Whos. It was a lot of fun!
I hope you have a wonderful break! I probably won't be around much on the blog over the next two weeks. I am going to be spending time with friends and family.