1. We had my son's 6th bird-day party last week. He chose angry birds, so my dad made a life sized sling shot. The kids shot angry bird balls into empty boxes and had a blast. So fun!!
2. My daily 5 is up and running and I am loving it! It is amazing how independent my kids are and I love the freedom of choosing various kids to work with. Read more about how I run my version here.
3. Earlier this week, I finished up another Cut, Do and Glue pack, the Halloween version. I'm beginning to get into the Halloween mode. I may even begin the fall decorating here this weekend!
4. We have begun our Green Team unit and it is one of my favorites. It is really a kid grabber. I mean, who doesn't love to talk about dirty trash and worms! One of my kids favorite books is I Stink! They always love it. Well, we are fortunate to have a wonderful at teacher and she has some great projects for the kids. This week she had the kids make their own garbage truck on 1/2 of a cardboard pizza circle. I love them!!
5. My Friday afternoon ended with a date with my son and I at one of my favorite Friday spots, Sierra Nevada Brewery
Happy weekend friends!