Tomorrow may be difficult because I will be driving home (8 hours, ugh!) from the happiest place on Earth. When I get home, I don't plan to go into my classroom and take photos. So, the classroom tour will have to wait. Here are a few things about me
1. My family is great! I married someone from my high school (years laters, because we never dated in high school). We have a son, who is a pretty cool kid. Everyday this boy puts a smile on my face.
2. I love Disneyland! In fact, am I writing this post from Anaheim. We are taking an afternoon break before heading back into the park for our last night of fun! We drive home tomorrow and then I'm back to work on Wednesday. Nothing like taking full advantage of my summer!
3. Besides my love for Disney, I love to travel. Exploring new places is such a great learning experience. I have been very fortunate, I married and started my family later, so when I was "younger" I traveled to many far and away places. I have been to every continent except Antarctica.
4. Coffee is a must have for me in the morning, no further explanation needed.
5. I am a beer snob. I had a very difficult time letting my husband put Coor's Light into my refrigeratator. I live in a town with a wonderful microbrewery and so I have grown accustomed to a nice hoppy cold beer.
6. I teach first grade at a wonderful charter school. We have a great staff and community. My son will start kindergarten there next week. I am excited to be part of the parent community as well as a teacher there.
7. I'm not a big T.V. watcher, but I do like that silly show Bachelor/Bachelorette. I know, totally silly but I still enjoy it!
8. I love to plan parties. I almost wish I could have a party every weekend, because I have so many different parties that I want to have. I have Pinterest to thank for this new obsession!
9. My favorite food is mexican, enchiladas to be specific.
10. I love to be outside, that is why I am a little sad that summer is coming to an end. I look forward to meeting my new firsties, but I will miss daily outdoor adventures with my son.
Well, that is me in a nutshell. I will check in later this week for more of teacher week.